.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Human Upgrade: merge metal with flesh

[will work for bandwidth - the confessions of a bandwidth-deprived information-junkie]

Search this blog:



Human Upgrade: merge metal with flesh Jevin's EuroTrip


View my other blog, see what I'm up to: Jevin's EuroTrip

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Sacrifice

So, The electricity was cut today for over three hours, forcing me to forfeit my weekly viewing of Grey’s Anatomy.

That’s another technological or infrastructural downfall of this “sweet T&T” country of mine. If electricity isn’t cut at least once a month in this nation, then something just has to be wrong. The sole company [T&TEC] that manages and supplies electricity for our country certainly is not capable of doing its job. Do you ever see Manhattan loosing power unless as a result of some natural disaster? But of course we can’t compare apples and oranges [Manhattan and Trinidad]. I realized today that this country is the simple life, and these little [or major] quirks – like power going down for hours, low bandwidth, and the worst customer service – are the price [sacrifice] we pay for the simple life. Welcome to the Caribbean, savvy!

Ok that was my rant, now back to the point: so, having nothing to do in the dark, I decided to retire to bed. After 30 minutes of rolling and tossing, I heard the click of my stereo coming on, power was restored! And instead of “great, goodnight”, the only words that came to my mind were: “must…………check………….e-mail…………”

And here I am; sacrificing sleep for connectivity. I think I have a problem.

Hi, my name is Jevin, and I’m a weboholic.

--
Internet & Information Junkie

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Thu Jul 05, 11:56:00 PM, Blogger jordanlaryssa said...

Who isn't a 'webaholic' these days?

 
At Fri Jul 06, 03:18:00 PM, Blogger jordanlaryssa said...

No I don't know you, I was just randomly browsing through blogs. How was living in New York? I would love to live there.

 
At Mon Jul 09, 04:13:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

When I get up to pee in the night,I must pass the PC....so on my way back I stop to check email....that is how I know i have been diagnosed with webolism [alcoholism].

 

Post a Comment

<< Home